and I'm feeling it would just be you, all of my life







Thursday, May 26, 2011

Phuket, 23 - 28 March 2011 - Part 1

Last March, I went to Phuket with my friend, Nanda. Yes, just the two of us. Some people think it's weird, to go on holiday only two of us. You know, people say "the more the merrier". But from my side, it's quite good to go on holiday this way. Because it's more simple. More people involved means more thoughts, and it means much harder to take a decision. In our case, it's very effective to make a plan. From decide on what dates we would go, buying tickets, which hotels to stay, and what activities we should do there. I can't even imagine if there is 5 of us going, it would be very difficult to decide on such things.

Well, now let me share what we did in Phuket.

Day 1: Touchdown Phuket
We arrived at Phuket International Airport on schedule, around 8.30pm, by Air Asia (of course!).
Got free sim card from AOT, right after immigration gate. I am pretty sure the SPG knows very well Indonesian cannot be separated from Blackberry. First thing she mentioned is about activation of BB service, with quite low price, for 7 days. Yeah, the most important thing for me, the BB-addicted.
Done with luggage and all, we're heading to our hotel with pick-up service from hotel. Our hotel is located on Patong, which is around 45 mins from airport.
Hemingways Hotel, Patong
It is a small hotel, more like a bed and breakfast precisely. But it was clean, and new building. I chose this hotel after reading around 80 reviews about this hotel, and mainly said that hotel is good, clean, although the bathroom is too small. But it doesn't matter as long as it's new building and clean. Of course, and affordable!
We arranged all our trip with local agent that night, then we had dinner on McD. Haha, I know it's lame, but we were just too hungry and too lazy to find something else.

Day 2: Jungceylon and Simon Cabaret Show
Not much agenda for today. Left hotel in the mid-day, then explore Jungceylon the whole afternoon. Jungceylon is the big shopping mall in Patong area. It has big souvenir shop called "That's Siam" on the basement, the whole basement. So basically you don't have to go to the market to buy some Thai souvenirs. I think you can find all souvenirs that you might need in here. Plus, it's Air Con area, so you won't get sweaty and all. And they offer many Thai massage too. Too bad, the price is not fixed. We need to bargain like crazy there, which I don't like at all. Not that I am not good at bargain, but I just don't like to put much effort to bargain, and I don't like being stared by the seller which said "are you crazy for even saying that price". Which later I found that other shop gave lower price!! Well, at least it's not hot there, that's the positive side :)

On the way back from Jungceylon to hotel, we found a lot of these on the street. We bought pancakes, it tasted nice, but not that cheap. I assumed food street would be damn cheap haha!

Next schedule for the day would be watching Simon Cabaret Show. The show is about performance of lady boy, dancing in many scenes. I had watched similar show back in 2007 when I went to Pattaya (Alcazar Show) with another friend. So I already had some expectation about the show. And it was just the same. Even I perfectly remembered one scene include the dance and the song (blame me for being audial person) back from Alcazar show, and there was an exactly similar scene on Simon Cabaret. But still, musical performance like this never fails me. So yes I like it. Plus, I am always curious to see lady-boys who's much much much more beautiful than me, the real woman. Why why why life is so unfair??? (drama-drama-drama). But if you think I am being dramatic, you could just see the reality here:
which one is more beautiful? the real lady or the fake lady?
 
Day 3: James Bond Island Full Day Tour
Today we are exploring the island, yeaay!! Picked up at the hotel around 9, then transferred to the pier. On this journey we are visiting 7 islands, 2 of them only for sightseeing from speedboat. Well, lets stop the nonsense and I will let you judge the places by yourself. Apologize for being narcissist by showing you photos of me ;)

1st stop: Ice Cream Cave
We're getting inside that cave. Please just ignore the hand.
This is how it looks inside the cave
2nd stop: James Bond Island
I guess this contributes the most of making Phuket famous. This island was one of the shooting location for james Bond movie back in 1974, named The Man with The Gun. You can read it here for detail information about the island. I even forgot the original name of this island, because even local people usually called it as 'James Bond Island'.
The famous James Bond Island
This place becomes one of tourist atrractions in Phuket
Well, my personal opinion, I am not amazed with the James Bond Island. It was good, but not as spectacular as I expected. Maybe this because people were exaggerating about the beauty of this island, so I was hoping for a significant beauty place. But it's always nice to see the beaches and the sea. I love it!


3rd stop: Lunch at Panyee Island
Panyee Island is an island where Muslim community living here. I wasn't really sure whether major community or all people living here is Muslim, cannot re-confirm to the guide now (of course!).
We were just having lunch here, and I was just spending time at the restaurant, not exploring anywhere else. But, based on information from other guys who joined the tour, there was some village right behind the restaurant. They saw an elementary school there. Too bad I didn't think to walking around after having lunch. You know, full stomach, start feeling sleepy :D
I am pretty sure she has an ambition becoming a model
4th stop: Canoe-ing at Talu Island
After lunch, we're heading to Talu Islland for canoe-ing. Yippiee! Err, actually I wasn't excited. Part of me want to canoe-ing so bad, but I am scared. Well, I know I'll be wearing life jacket and all, but I just feel not secured, because if I fell down I am not quite sure there will be other person jump and rescue me. Haha, sounds ridiculous, but that's the honest reason. If I am going with my father, brother, or boyfriend, I know I will have no worries. I will feel secure, because I 'm sure they are going to help if anything happened to me.
Now, before I go on and on blabbering the boring stories, lets see these pictures. Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
We're ready for canoe-ing!!
Scary at the max limit, as it was quite wavy
Me still scared, and hoped the canoeing part ends soon
Me likey! Water is calm and quiet. Very nice!
Selling coconut on the boat
Done canoe-ing!! I must say the first 10 minutes I was damn scared. After tired of whining, half-crying, blablabla, me enjoying it. Actually because the water is quite calm behind those giant rocks haha.

Heading to last stop of the day, we stop on this island, just for sightseeing from the boat. I must say it was very beautiful here, much more than on James Bond area.
As we're enjoying the beautiful scenery very much, Nanda is busy taking pictures....
While Ninta is busy with her Blackberry....
Nanda said I'm very Indonesian, because I was too busy with my BB. In my defense, it's hard to be away from BB as my BF is very possessive. Haha! (Ok, I lied. He's not possessive at all, it's just me who's being addicted to BB).
Beautiful, isn't it?
5th stop: Lawa Island
This is the last stop of the day. We spent here around 1,5 hours for swimming and for just laying on the beach.




Well, that's the wrap of the day. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm, and we didn't go out anymore. Too damn tired. We even had dinner at the hotel. Looks like honeymooners, eh?

the rest activities in Phuket will be on the next post...

Love,
Ninta

1 comment:

  1. U ve put in some effort to write this!!! No work at all in Ofc eh?? :P I can pass atleast one comment on each line that u hv written.. :P But u knw me.. I m 'Pelit' in givin compliments.. ;) But got to appreciate the hard wrk.. good goin gal. .:)

    P.S: The line that u read 80 reviews before finalizing the hotel shows how much free time u hv in ofc..:P

    ReplyDelete